Monday, June 30, 2008

The Binky Monster

The other night at work I was talking to Denae and Maureen about Malakai turning two. I told him that two year olds are big boys and they don't use binkies or baba's and they go poop and pee on the potty. He of course, put his binky in his mouth, said "Momma baba" and walked away. I don't think it sunk in. So Denae was telling me that when she took Bailey's binkies away she waited until Bailey went to sleep, took all the binkies in the house and threw them away. The next morning when Bailey asked where her binky was Denae told her that the binky monster took it. Denae said Bailey handled it great. She still blames the binky monster when she can't find things. I thought that sounded like a pretty good idea.

So yesterday Malakai comes up to me and says "Where binky go?" I looked at him very seriously and said "I don't know. Maybe the binky monster took it." His eyes got really big and then...TOTAL MELTDOWN!!! I have never seen him so upset. I felt awful, yet I couldn't stiffle a giggle. I told him I was just kidding and like a weenie went and found his binky for him! I think we are going to have to try something else...and fast. The binky epidemic is spreading! Haha.

3 comments:

Denae said...

OH GOODNESS! I am sorry that he didn't handle that well. I hope you can find something that will work well for Kai

Anonymous said...

Poor guy! He is still little...if a binky is what it takes...he will be fine. Heck, I WISH my kids would have take a binky. They all quit by 6 weeks. It sucked! (or the opposite....lol)

Stephanie Greenwood said...

Welcome to blogging!! All of our binkies disappeared one day too- that silly binkie monster! Kelsi was upset for a few days and searched the entire house and then she got over it. I'm with Maureen though... it won't hurt him to have it a little longer. Besides, my child that didn't take a binkie now makes up for it by chewing on everything- she's six!