Sunday, June 29, 2008

Fishing


So on Fri the 20th of June I went fishing! This is pretty amazing because I hate fish. They are slimy and stinky and I don't think they taste all that great either. My sister in law Chrystina invited me and Kai to go along with her and her kids. I guess in her ward they have a mom and kids interest group that does fun things (like fishing?!) on fridays. OK, so it wasn't that bad for two reasons. 1) I didn't touch any worms and 2) We didn't catch a thing! If you look closely you'll notice Kai's pole doesn't even have a hook! The place we went was in Midway. It had grass, nice clean restrooms and even a playground so I could distract Kai when he got too interested in the water. Yeah- that was my kind of fishing.


Look at the boy concentrate. He just loved pushing the button and watching the weight sink to the bottom and reeling it back in!







Sabina (6) did catch some nice looking moss. Trevor (3) wasn't so lucky.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to catch some moss!

j/k...never been fishing, though I agree they are slimy and gross. However -- I do like to EAT fish. Just want someone else to do the slimy part.

Krista said...

Maureen we should totally go fishing!!! Well you know, my kind of fishing. Walmart has awesome kid poles (no hooks) for like $10. If nothing else we can work on our suntans!