Sunday, November 9, 2008

Deja Vu

Well, I went to my blog today and lo and behold it has been a week since I posted last. Hmm interesting since I said I was going to do better. That got me thinking about my week and I realized that this has been a week of repeats. To start with I got put on call for both of my shifts this week...same as last week. This has been a little frustrating. Charlie has been my lifesaver. He gave me our allotment (so I could pay the mortgage! YAY!) and his first paycheck for the month which was bigger than usual due to his annual clothing allowance. I also got my check which wasn't huge because I only had 2 shifts on there but it was big enough. So bills are paid as of now and I am hoping that this week will be a little better for hours...that or I won't get a check at all! I did finally get a hold of Human Resources and applied for the full time position. I will start that on the 18th so no more worries about hours...I hope. I did have to take a HUGE pay cut. That hurt a little but I suppose the benefits are worth it.

Second repeat of the week. I finished reading Twilight again. I know! For someone who kicked so furiously against the trend I sure have embraced the series. I owe everyone an apology for all my whining about it. You were right! I was wrong! Good books and hopefully good movie. I think that I enjoyed it even more the second time around. I wasn't so wraped up in the action and was able to focus on relationships and such. Maybe I should put this much effort into my real life. I might even get out of the house a little with an attitude like that.

Third repeat. I have decided to start work in the basement again. The little extra cash in my bank account (thanks again Char!) and the fact that half my house was unusable finally pushed me to do it! My mom, Kai and I have spent many a night this week covered in paint. She is the GREATEST mom in the world! I am so truly blessed to have my best friend as my mom...it helps when I have to call in free babysitting...not that she has had to do a lot of that lately with the lack of working hours. But, we have made MAJOR progress. The walls and doors are all painted. I bought trim yesterday and Wyatt is picking that up today for me in his truck. Proper planning was not evident when I showed up at Home Depot last night to get the trim and realized that 12 feet of board will NOT fit in my van...interesting. He is going to help me out today and tomorrow on his day off. What an amazing family I have! Heavenly Father must have realized that I would need a LOT of help down here. I am determined to have a party when it is all done. I think I will shoot for a Christmas party!

Fourth repeat...kind of. So with all the painting and not working and reading Kai has been pretty housebound so my mom and I decided to take a night off and go to Madagascar 2 on Friday. He did pretty well. He really enjoyed the music and more than once was up in the aisle dancing...guess he likes to move it move it too!

I did have a few firsts this week. I got to celebrate Christin and Stephanie's birthdays with them and other coworkers at Pizza Factory. I had a lot of fun. I also threw the diet out the window. Though, this whole throwing diet out the window thing isn't new to me, cheating on the 11 Day Diet was. I have been very vigilant for 3 rotations but this one was just not happening. Ask Maureen who watched me snarf down Fetuccini Alfredo for lunch. I think it has to do with monthly timing...hehe. Yeah, I am definately going to blame it on that! But, it is a GOOD diet and it has been working so I am going to rededicate myself...just going to take a little break before.

Yesterday we were getting ready to run to Home Depot when Malakai started panicing and talking about his "tiny baby" that we were forgetting. I had no idea what he was talking about. We went upstairs to try and find this elusive baby and he picked up the monkey and baby tiger. Apparently, they are now his "tiny babies." He wrapped them in blankets and we all took off to the store. He even took them to bed with him last night. This morning we got up and got ready to go to church. I thought that he had forgotten about them but as we were walking out the door he suddenly turned around and goes "Oh NO! My tiny babies are gone!" I couldn't help but snicker. I told him that his babies were still sleeping and we would wake them up when we got home for church. This is the one and only time that I am glad we have 9 o'clock church. The boy makes me laugh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! So much info...it is hard to know where to comment.

You have done AMAZING on the diet thing...I commend you for that one. (and you look awesome too) You deserve a break...I'm sure a little time off will recharge you to keep going.

Painting....ugh! I"m sure your house is looking awesome! Thank heavens for good family members who are so willing to help.

Love Kai's cute little "babies"!!

Chad and Becky said...

At least you have interesting stuff to post about.

The babies are cute. Casey's latest thing is "oh wait, stay"... did she just tell me to "stay"? Maybe one of these times she will give me a treat?!?!

I hate painting, but I love the outcome. I need to come see your house, I am sure it's adorable!

I has a lot of fun at the birthday party, I was glad you were able to make it! We had a good turn out!!!

Keep up the good work!