Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sorry...

So I am apologizing in advance. I haven't blogged this week...again. It wasn't because I didn't think about it. I went to my blog several times this week hoping that something had magically been posted but sadly there are no magic blogging elves. The truth is...my life has been fairly tame this week. I spent time working in my basement with my wonderful family. I suppose I could have blogged about that. But, I am pretty sure that the only people that find bead board that exciting are me and my mom and we got to see it in person.

Kai and Brynlee had fun playing in the bouncy house. I got put on call again this week. Counted my shifts for the month, been on call for 5 of my 6 shifts! Thank Heaven I go full time on Tuesday.

Kai has been going through daddy withdrawls. The other night he threw an all out temper tantrum that he couldn't go to his daddy's house at 9:30 at night! I knew this wouldn't be easy but seeing my baby crying for something that I did...that I chose, nearly broke my heart! I pray to God that someday he understands and can forgive me. So in a vain attempt to make it up to him I took him to Chuck E. Cheese on Thursday. Charlie came and met us. It was nice to see the two of them playing together. That night helped me put things into perspective. Yeah I am hurting...yeah Charlie is hurting but that is all SO very secondary. This little boy is the most important thing in our lives and he needs to know how much his mom and dad love him. I am glad that Charlie and I are still friends, that we can go and eat pizza together and not fight over Kai. I have seen first hand what a nasty divorce with nasty people can do to kids (I lived with them! I'll tell you the stories later.)

So on that note, I talked to my lawyer on Friday. Paperwork has been submitted to the judge. We are now just waiting for a signature. My lawyer was hopeful that it would only be a couple more weeks.

I mentioned before that I was on call a lot so on Friday when staffing called I wasn't really surprised. But, I had dropped Kai off with Charlie and being home alone didn't sound like much fun. Hanging out with Denae did sound like fun. She and I went and saw The Duchess. It was pretty good. Then on Saturday my mom and I went to the Provo temple. It was so nice to go and feel peace. I never really liked the Provo temple. I thought it was a little outdated. But since I have started attending there I have grown to love it! I guess it really is whats on the inside that counts.

After our temple trip we went to lunch and then hit the mall...ahh unfortunately, neither of us were really in a shopping mood. Isn't that unfair?! I get to go to the mall without my crazy little boy and I don't want to shop! So we went and saw HSM3 again...I got the crazy love of all things musical gene from her! I remember as a little girl on the drive home from visiting my grandparents in Idaho we would be singing show tunes at the top of our lungs. Oh, how the boys loved it!!!

Well, that was my week in review again. Sorry it was kind of boring. Maybe I will think of something zanny to do this week...Hmmm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was fun to see you and Denae on Friday...and I guess I will be seeing you for sure on Tuesday. :)

Hope Kai is doing better. You are right...it is lucky (and smart) to have a good relationship with your ex -- for your child if nothing else. The 2 years that I spend taking Mariah to see her dad were awkward and painful at times...but I did it for her. I never regretted it. Not once.

He will ALWAYS want to love Charlie. Supporting that is the ONLY way to go. :) But I have a feeling you already know that.

Verlynne said...

I just have to say how much I admire you! You're son is beautiful and so are you!!! Keep your positive attitude!!!!

Verlynne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.