Friday, November 21, 2008

I'll stick to the book...

The fates conspired together and I did end up going to see Twilight at midnight yesterday. I had told Denae a week or so ago that I didn't think I would be up to going. I thought I would be exhausted having worked Tuesday and Wednesday but I ended up getting sent home at midnight on Wednesday eventhough I didn't go to bed until 4am. It is impossible to turn off your brain once you have convinced it that it must stay awake all night long! Lisa had Malakai on Thursday so I was able to get some sleep. My friend Leya has been going a little stir crazy since her husband has been out of town for business ALOT and she is left home alone with 6 teenagers so we decided to see if we could find some tickets. She also threw in one of her teenage daughters as a free babysitter...SOLD! Luckily, the theater in Spanish Fork still had tickets. They opened all 8 theaters for the showing so it wasn't even very crowded. I even convinced my mom to go see it with us!

We showed up at the theater a little after 11 and got good seats and then we waited...and waited...and waited...and wasn't this supposed to be a midnight showing?!...and at 12:25 started watching the movie. Edward had just barely graced the screen when a strange siren and lights started going off. I was thinking, "boy, they sure are making his entrance dramatic." when I realized it was the fire alarm. Stupid! Most people's reaction would be to calmly evacuate the theater especially since there was a voice on the intercom saying "Please calmly evacuate the theater." But, not us. No, the entire theater just looked around blankly. We had waited an hour and a half for this movie and we knew one of two things would happen; either the alarm would shut off and the movie would resume or we would eventually burn to death. We were too tired to care which. After a couple minutes the alarm shut off and the movie started again. In hind sight, I can see that this was really the best option.

So what did I think of the movie? Eh, it was ok. Not nearly as good as the book! There was some serious over acting. Rosalie had a jiggle butt and I could hardly call her the most beautiful girl in the world and Carlisle's hair was a very unnatural color of blonde. But, all that aside I thought it followed the story relatively well and surprisingly I really liked the Victoria. My recomendation would be to go see the movie but also read the book because the movie leaves out so much. I guess it is kind of hard to pack a 600 page book into 2 hours.

2 comments:

Alisha said...

I went to it too. I agree with what you said about the book being a lot better, but isn't that usually the case? I agree about Carlisle's hair and I did like Victoria. I thought they did well for only a 2 hour movie. Hey, I went private and I don't have your email address to invite you. Send me an email at alishaoxley@yahoo.com

DAJP said...

I totally need to go. Although I did hear it wasn't near as good as the book, I'd still like to go. Hope you guys are doing alright. Your boy is so adorable.