Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick or Treat?

As a kid I enjoyed Halloween because of the candy and my giant sweet tooth. As I sit here and reminisce I realize it has been an exciting day in my past. I remember the one year when Trent was just little (I think maybe 3-4?) and was a GI Joe. He was so excited that he ran across the street and ran SMACK into a dark blue minivan! The van had seen him and was virtually stopped but he still plowed head long into it. Good thing he was wearing that cheap plastic helmet otherwise he might have had some permanent brain damage...hey wait, I wonder if that is why...Just kidding!

Then there was my senior year when I was dating Michael Chatterton. A couple of my girlfriends and I dressed up and went over to his house for a party. I was a very lovely Tinkerbell. He lived in Lindon and the streets had a lot of really deep dips. I of course, was driving my awesome 1981 Nissan Pulsar and took a dip too fast. I ripped off my muffler, of course I didn't rip it off all the way, that would have been too easy. I just ripped off the front end so that as I drove it would drag on the street. Nothing announces your arrival like a car without a muffler and the grating of the metal muffler on the ground. So being the resourceful girl that I am I climbed under my car and tied the muffler back up with my tinkerbell belt! Mike was sweet enough to take the muffler off all the way when I got to his house. That was a noisy ride home!

After that year Halloween kind of lost its appeal. I was in college and then married. So it was fun to be able to get excited again for Kai. This is our conversation yesterday:

Me: Kai Kai! Today is Halloween. What are you going to say today?
Kai: I'm Scooby Doo!
Me: Yeah...you are going to be Scooby but you need to say Trick or Treat. Can you say that?
Kai: NO! I AM SCOOBY DOO!
Me: K Whatever.

We have had his Scooby costume for a couple weeks and I think he has worn it about 8 times so it was no trouble getting him into costume. I was another story. For Christin's Halloween party Denae and I were Marines. I asked Denae what the plan was and she said Sexy soldier and Maureen was being a sexy cop. I wanted to fall back to my previous plan and go as a nurse but I thought well if they are going to be silly then I will too...hence the sexy nurse! Or atleast, my attempt at sexy. I don't do sexy nearly as well as I do clumsy and awkward.


I am wearing half the clothes that I graduated nursing school in. The cap is really my nursing cap from graduation as is the top. The skirt I bought online to wear to graduation but when I tried it on it was WAY too big so I wore pants. Yesterday I pulled the skirt up over my boobs and wore it as a dress with my tank top over top. It really was that long!

Malakai had a great time hanging out with his "girls". Aren't they adorable? I will readily admit that Bailey is a much cuter Tinkerbell than I ever was.

Kai did really well walking but after a while he got tired and hot. It didn't help that I dressed him in a sweatshirt and then his polyester Scooby costume. He has a paranoid mom that is always cold!

This is him taking off his Scooby hood and telling me his hair is wet. I told him it was just sweat and it would dry...he was not so sure that was ok.

Kai made a pretty good haul. I have already eaten all his little candy bars. Good thing he likes suckers (they must have been on sale somewhere because everybody was handing them out). This is him sitting on a swinging porch bench in front of Denae's uncle's store checking out his loot.

He settled on Skittles! Then he spilled most of them on the ground. Quick...10 second rule!

I thought this was hilarious! He saw this mask at the craft store and wanted to try it on...Yeah sometimes he can be a little demon but I love him all the same!
*Special thanks to Denae for pictures of yesterday! Love you!

2 comments:

Chad and Becky said...

Tell Scooby that Casey was a Dalmation! She sends him a doggy kiss! Cute pics.

Anonymous said...

LOL!! You put sweats under that costume?? Okay, I probably would have done the same thing....

We had fun with you...sexy nurse...though I think your costume took the crown!