Thursday, October 30, 2008

Carving pumpkins...or something

A few weeks ago my mom and I took the kids to the pumpkin patch behind the county jail and let them get pumpkins. Kai's pumpkin has sat on our front porch untouched until tonight when I got put on call at work and was so bored even being crafty sounded good. So, we pulled out the old towels, stripped off Kai's clothes and got down to business. I knew that I couldn't trust him with a knife (Go ahead and give me Mother of the Year right now) so we opted for finger paints. I thought that he would really enjoy taking out the seeds and inside of the pumpkin, after all that is a very messy job and my son has never been one to worry about being dirty. But, he wasn't too interested and let me do the dirty work.
Don't worry though, he got his hands, tummy, legs, arms, kitchen floor and walls messy when it came time to paint. Thank heavens I am a smart mommy who used washable paint.
After the bath, which he really needed we put his super man pj's on. I heard him giggling on the stairs and went to see what he was doing. He goes "Look mommy! I am flying!" and then slid down the stairs on his tummy. He makes me laugh!

2 comments:

Chad and Becky said...

I would totally give Casey a knife! LOL! Not really... I think it is cute. Casey decorated her pumpkin with a marker. Way to go crafty mom of the year! Watch out, I want it next year. I am a shoe in!

Anonymous said...

Cute pumpkin carving adventures! Leave it to a 2 yr old to make it entertaining!