Sunday, October 5, 2008

I Love to See the Temple!

Sunday afternoon found mom, Jeremy and I with 5 very restless kids, 3 of which were in desperate need of naps. Chrystina and Jeremy have been doing a great job of teaching their kids that Sunday is a special day full of rest (feel free to snicker when you think of Trevor resting) and quiet (again I pause for you all to reflect on our very quiet 3 year old). So I suggested that mom and I take the 3 older kids to see the Mesa Temple. I have often thought about how very blessed we are here in Utah to have so many temples so close to us and how just driving on I 15 from Salt Lake to Provo you can see 5 different temples. Jeremy and Chrystina are also fortunate to live very close to the Mesa temple and the sight of the new Gilbert temple. The Mesa temple is beautiful. It has a very different look than the temples here in Utah, but the feeling is the same. I love the peace that exudes from the temple and the calmness that comes to my heart.


Sometimes though, that peace can have a hard time overcoming the draw that water has to 2 and 3 year olds. I am not sure if the person who thought water features were a good idea had small children.

This is a picture of Malakai after being chastized for playing in the water and getting all wet. The water would flow gently from the top pool across the barrier and into the bottom pool and as the picture above clearly shows, Kai is leaning right against the barrier.

This petrified log was donated to the church. I am not sure why the church would need a giant petrified log but I suppose that that goes under the rule that we give the church all that we have: our time, talents and uh petrified logs.

My mom and I were curious as to why the trunks of the trees were painted white. We wondered if they were just trying to make the trees more holy but Jeremy told us that it is a protection against bugs. In either case, they looked very pretty.


As we walked the beautiful grounds of the Holy temple Sabina asked, "Why did we come to see the temple?" Before I could say anything Trevor answered, "I love to see the temple. I'll go inside someday to feel the Holy Spirit, to listen and to pray. That's why Sabina." I don't think that I could have said it better. I am so awed by these little spirits that God is sending down. I pray that I might have the same simple beautiful faith of those 3 little children.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You were sweet to go and watch these little children....and share such amazing moments with them!!