Monday, October 13, 2008

Twilight

Well, I am reading Twilight.

I know that I am a bit behind the major trend but like most things I had to wait for Denae to introduce it to me. Denae blogs so I start a blog. Denae is on Facebook so I join Facebook. Denae loves Twilight so...I take my time reading really long boring books about the Revolutionary War. Denae has been telling me for months that I should stop reading Prelude to Glory which I complained about often and start reading Twilight, but I just couldn't stop in the middle of book five. I felt like a failure and honestly, a little bit of a traitor. So I stuck it out. I persevered and finally finished the fifth book just 2 weeks over due to the library. This book only took me 8 weeks to read, just four more books in the series to go. OK, do the math...that is 8 months! No way can I read about the British and the pesky rabble rousers aka the Americans for the next year. So I started reading Twilight. Now I have been opposed to reading this because I have not been exactly thrilled about reading about young, beautiful star crossed lovers even if one is a vampire. A friend told me that she liked the books because it gave her hope about love. If this mortal girl and vampire could make it with all their differences, then anyone could. Well, that was not the bait that was going to hook me. After all, I live in my life where this mortal girl and her Marine couldn't even make it and we both have pulses. So as I cracked the cover open I had a silent prayer in my heart that maybe one of them would get hit by a bus!

Well, I am now about 1/3 of the way through it and there has been no tragic bus accidents...but I have enjoyed it. I didn't think that I would. And though, I don't have a new outlook on love it has been fun to read about these two young people and the awkwardness that surrounds them. I have a feeling that awkwardness will be abounding on many of my future dates. And an added bonus, I don't think that anyone will get shot by a 0.75 caliber lead ball coming from a British musket or that I will have it narrated by my very bad British accent in my head. "Eh, who goes 'er?" Yeah it even sounds Canadian to me. Here's to hoping!

3 comments:

DAJP said...

Big Twilight fan hah? I so need to get reading all those books.

Alisha said...

I think you will really like the Twilight books. I got hooked and couldn't put them down.

Anonymous said...

I am a witness to Steph's new addiction. (and she reads REALLY fast). I'm sure you will enjoy them....I am ALMOST convinced that I need to read them. I guess I'm a sucker for a good fantasy.