Monday, October 27, 2008

Blogger Slacker!

Ok so I have been a blogger slacker. A lesser person would come up with various excuses as to why they have not blogged in over a week. But not me! Nope, I am going to own it! I have been slacking. So since we have established that I am big enough to admit that I have been slacking here is what my excuses would have been had I not been such a big person:

1) In the last 2 weeks I have read all 4 of the Twilight books and what is available on the internet of Midnight Sun. I know my earlier post said that I was hoping for one of them to get hit by a bus and no that didn't happen although, Bella does almost get flattened by a van. I couldn't believe how VERY much I enjoyed them. No need to panic though. I don't think that I am obssessed. I will not be sending Twilight flair to you all on Facebook or running to the nearest kiosk at the mall to pad my wardrobe with pro Edward shirts and socks. I enjoyed the simple love story, the easy reading and even gasp! the romance. I loved the way the writter described a simple touch or kiss...it made me smile and remember the early days of love. It even made me think a little about the future (No, I don't see a stunningly beautiful vampire in it but, maybe another first kiss!). That idea makes me hyperventilate a little!!! These books were a great escape for me, eventhough I think Kai watched a little too much Scooby Doo as I escaped.

2) I got the divorce stipulation from my lawyer which lead to several INTENSE conversations with Charlie. These conversations did not leave me exactly warm and fuzzy or in the mood to see, talk or breathe around another human being! So, that lead me very easily back to excuse #1! After some compromises the stipulation has been signed and is awaiting the judges approval as I type.

3) We got to watch Brynlee a lot this week! It was very fun having that sweet little girl around. She is so easy to watch and Kai just adores her. On Monday I had to run to Target to change his Halloween costume for a bigger size and Lisa met us there to pick up Brynlee. As soon as she opened the van door Kai started crying and said "No! My baby! My Brynee!" Yeah, I think he is in love!

4) I went to the doctor on Thursday to get the results of my colposcopy. Everything is fine! I wasn't terribly worried but you know anytime anything is abnormal it makes ya a little nervous. HOORAY for not having cancer! I just have cervixitis. The doctor says it mostly happens from having intercourse before the test... Awkward pause followed by slightly hysterical laughing and then profuse apologies to the doctor...Hmm any other causes cause that is NOT the case here!?

5) On Saturday I decided that I had had enough sulking and I needed to get out. Thankfully, Denae was feeling the same way! So we got dressed up in some of Charlie's old cammies and went to Christin's Halloween party. We were glad we were able to be there and represent 6th floor! We had a good time playing games, competing to see who the least coordinated person was on Dance Dance Revolution and having a psychic read our cards. Apparently, I am destined to be poor and depressed...I did not need a psychic to tell me that! I believe that is called Divorce! It was interesting to hear the things she had to say. I still think that I will trust my path to a more omniscient and comforting source. But, it was fun none the less.
My camera has been acting up. I think I need a new battery but here is the one picture that I got of Denae. We both wore cammies so just envision my face over hers. I asked Kai how I looked and he smiled and said "Perfect!" I must be teaching him good.

6) My mom bought Kai Kai foam swords at the dollar store and ever since whatever free time I had after everything else has been spent fighting imaginary tigers, dragons and various monsters on Scooby Doo!

This has been my life. It wasn't a particularly bad week, just an antisocial week. I will get my camera fixed and try harder this week. I promise!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woa! Busy week....glad you got a chance to do some reading admidst the divorce talks.

Lovin' the foam swords....pretty sure we've destroyed a few of those around here somewhere....