Sunday, November 2, 2008

Well I'll Be...


So an interesting thing happened last night at Walmart. Charlie had Malakai for the weekend and I had to go to Walmart to buy paint rollers. I realized this was the first time that I had been to Walmart without Kai since...well I can't remember so that tells you something. I thought I would take advantage of the time I had. I wandered to the women's department. I fully intended on taking my sweet time, strolling casually, holding things up that I thought were nice...maybe even trying something on. To my disappointment I was bored. I was not in a shopping mood. My first and last stop was a clearance rack where I picked up two sets of workout pants, held them up to see how long they were and made the fastest shopping decision I have ever made! $10 sure...why not?!
This is the weird part...I then walked back to the toy department!!! I know! I had no reason to go there. I took my sweet time in this department. I strolled casually through the aisles. I held up toys that I thought might be nice for Kai...I even tried the automated dinosaur out! I guess that just goes to show how priorities can change. Like they say you can take the kid away from the mom, but you can't take the mom out of the woman.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true!! He is always with you...

Tara said...

I have also pushed the dinosaur button, toys are funner anyway!