Friday, November 21, 2008

The "Ex" Factor

Well, it is official. As of November 18th, 2008 I am now divorced. It took 13 days from the time I filed...my lawyer said that was fast and I had to agree. It was relatively good timing though. I started full time this week and got my benefits all straightened out. I am doing good. It was a bittersweet day. To be honest, not a whole lot changed for me. It wasn't like I had the papers in my hands and everything hit me. I went through that in early September when Charlie moved out and I had to come to the reality that we were done. This was more like closure, though I would hardly admit that I am completely healed. It is going to take time for all 3 of us to be completly healed from this divorce. Charlie and I are working hard at trying to be friends and keep Kai's life as stable as possible. Thank you to everyone for your prayers and thoughts...please don't stop them just because the divorce is over! If anything I need them more now than ever!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry....prayers don't stop with a divorce date. Now comes a different kind of challenge. One I know you are already handling well. :)