Saturday, July 12, 2008

Count Your Blessings

Last night after I posted about my bad week I went upstairs, said my prayers and crawled into bed. As I laid in the dark next to my husband I started thinking about how disappointed Heavenly Father would be if he read that post. Yes, I had a very bad week but, in the midst of all my stress there was love and beauty and blessings beyond belief! So this is my post to say all the GOOD things that happened this week!!!

1) I got to spend an abundance of time with the people I love the mostest!!! With 2 birthdays this week we really got a chance to CELEBRATE!

Malakai turned 2 and Grandma Kitty turned 49..again!

Granny and Papa were here for the party

Malakai realized that he does LOVE his Granny!

2) I went on a date with the SEXIEST guy I know...my husband! After all the stress of the beginning of the week we went to the movies and snuggled in the dark...movies are so much more enjoyable when you don't have a 2yr old running up and down the aisles and throwing popcorn.

3) I have a sure knowledge that FAMILIES ARE FOREVER!!!

This life is not the end. If we follow the plan our Heavenly Father has set out for us I KNOW we will be together with our loved ones again!

4) My husband is still alive! Yes, he is injured...but he can walk (sorta) and he can think (thank God for helmets!)

5) We have insurance...We have the best health insurance in the world!

6)I LOVE my job! I might not like going to work all the time but I make good money working 2 nights a week...really only hookers can compete with this schedule! I LOVE the people I work with...I truly do consider them all my friends...some are just closer than others.

7) Instead of spending the night running my tail off at work...I got to spend it washing my van (it is very shiny!), blogging and sleeping next to my husband in my nice soft bed.

8) I still hate Arizona, but Jeremy and Chrystina and the kids can finally be a family again. No more getting on a plane monday morning to commute to work. No more single mom stuff for Chrys. AND after 8 years of marriage they finally have their own home that they can do whatever to and NOT have to ask a landlord. We will miss you but, I am SO happy for you!

9) I got to eat a lot of birthday cake! Now, that in and of itself is something to be glad for.

I know my Heavenly Father loves and cares about me. I am so grateful for the blessings He gives me each day and I am going to try to recognize them more!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! I just have to ask...are you calling me a hooker? LOL -- just kidding!

It is true...after venting, I always feel better, but guilty too for not appreciating all the good things in life.

You are awesome...and I LOVE having you as a friend!

Stephanie Greenwood said...

I love venting... we all have our moments and then we come back to reality. Sorry that your week was horrible but at least your are still able to see the good.
By the way... I know the nurses hate them (jealousy maybe) but I LOVE the princess shift! You just need to work with me on a Saturday night when I struggle to stay awake allllll night long!