Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Grand Parade!!!

Well, this week has been absolutely crazy. My mom and I have been trying to spend as much time as possible with Trevor and Sabina before they move to Phoenix next week. We have been trying to make it memory making time. So on that note we decided that even though we were running on empty and no sleep we would get up and hit the parade! This was not simple matter. I had to get up at 6:30 am!!! I dont' do that...I mean I am either up all night at work or I am up at 9/9:30 am. I am not a morning person. But, for this memory making time I sacrificed...kudos for me! Anyway, we loaded up 3 kids, 1 stroller, 4 bottles of water, lots of patriotic gear and headed out! And surprisingly enough we got there on time so there were still open spaces. I don't know why we worried about it though. The kids started in their own space but slowly encroached on people around us. They borrowed this blanket, they ate their cookies...yeah we were definately glad for kind people around us.

After the parade we headed over to the Freedom Festival and the kids got their faces painted.

Sabina made a very beautiful Statue of Liberty.

Arrr me mateys!!! Trevor made a very cute pirate. I was very glad the paint came off easy with wet wipes.

I was a little worried about Kai getting his face painted. He doesn't have the longest attention span and I didn't want him to end up with half a gecko on his face. But, he surprised me and did relatively well.

It was a LONG, but pleasant day, and I won't soon forget it! Glad we made the effort...I suppose life is too short to sleep the day away (Ok I am going to start this slowly...Tuesdays and bank holidays I'll get up early!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are SO much more ambitious that I am! Getting up early is for the birds and day shift!

j/k -- I'm glad you made the effort. I debated and debated on whether to take the kids to the parade...in the end, laziness won out. Well, actually -- we didn't wake up until 9:30...so there goes that one!

Hooray for making memories!