Sunday, July 6, 2008

Kai's Birthday Party!!!

So eventhough Kai will not officially be 2 until Friday the 11th, we celebrated with a party on Saturday! We had a great time...lots of food, family and fun. The kids went swimming in the back yard. I think the pictures are evidence of the fun they had.











Only one ouch! Trevor was stung by a wasp on his shoulder blade. But our good ol' Wyoming girl Lisa came to the rescue with a benadryl and mud compress and soon he was splish splashing with the rest of the gang. when the kids were done swimming and all cleaned up we had cake and ice cream.

I have to say that I was very pleased with the way it came out. Kai couldn't wait to try out his new VROOM VROOMs.
My mom was the one that thought up the idea of using sparklers for candles...he thought that was pretty neat. But I had to have tradition, so I lit the 2 candle and tried to get Kai to blow it out...Apparently that was old school because he took his motorcycle and smashed the candle, extinguishing the flame. Some men can do anything with duct tape...my kid can do anything with vroom vrooms. Then it was time for presents! Wow, this is one well loved little boy.
Uncle Wyatt and Aunt Lisa got him his own AWESOME helmet and gloves. Now he can ride safe while riding on his own VROOM VROOM that Charlie and I got him.
It is a Harley Davidson Big Wheel aka Kai Kai's Vroom vroom. This was the perfect gift. It makes motorcycle noises and has a ton of buttons to push. His little legs aren't quite long enough to reach the petals but he scoots along rather well on his own.
It was a long, wonderful day. Kai was so tired that he fell asleep on my bed while brushing his teeth. Man, if he would go to bed that easy everynight. Thanks to everyone who came. We love you all! And for those of you who missed it...maybe we can do a redo next saturday! The pool is still up and ready to go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kai! I am sorry we missed you smashing candles with Vroom Vrooms! LOL

Denae said...

HAPPY VROOM VROOM DAY KAI KAI!!

P.S. Fabulous cake!

Stephanie Greenwood said...

He is so cute! I love the pic of him in the pool- happy birthday