Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Hulk!


I would like to introduce everyone to the newest member of our family...The Hulk! This is Charlie's new bike that he just bought today. Now, I have to tell you why he bought a new bike. Last night he was supposed to meet us after pictures for dinner. Well, he called me and said that he was at Deseret Industries in Provo and that I would probably need to come and get him. Apparently, a couple of bolts had jiggled loose over the months and now his entire front faring (front part of the bike with headlights and all...very important!) was hanging by wires. Problem? YES. But fortunately, Escape Motor Sports was across the street and he found some bolts that would at least keep it together long enough to get home, so I didn't need to come get him. Well, then he called me again. He got the front part on but when he went to start it his clutch cable snapped...again this is an important part and no, Escape Motor Sports didn't have that part. So my brother picked him and his broken bike up in his truck and drove him home. This morning Charlie scoured all of Utah county and Sandy and there was not a clutch cable to be had anywhere. There was however, this beautiful new bike. Anyway, long story short, my husband searched all over the county for an unavailable clutch cable, found a new bike, got approved for a loan, bought the bike AND went for a 3 hour ride all in one day! It is amazing what he can do when properly motivated. So why has the tile in my bathroom taken 3 months?! Wonder how I can get him motivated to do that!?!

Good news: Toys R Us has a bike just like Daddy's for Kai.














Bad news: It says "Groovy Girls" and costs a fortune!






Now, this is more like it! Maybe when his feet touch the ground...Until then, they ride with Daddy and Uncle Wyatt.

Before the ride Sabina informed us that "girls don't like motorcycles...they like ballet."




After the ride she said, "When I am a teenager I am going to buy a motorcycle."

2 comments:

Denae said...

Holy lots of posts Batman!

YAY for pictures,Haircuts,marketing and new motorcyclces!

I miss you and hope that you had a great 4th of July

Anonymous said...

Quite the bike your hubby picked out! Wow! I love the groovy girls one...I should hop on down and buy it (not).

LOVE the nick name(Hulk). How appropriately green. As for the bathroom tile...if ONLY it was as fun as riding a motorcycle for 3 hours.....