Thursday, September 18, 2008

As Plain as the Nose on Your Face

So this week has been interesting and busy and unfortunately there has not been a lot of exciting things to blog about. But, I am starting to feel like a blogging slaker so I will post about the boring mundane things in my life.

Update on the divorce issue: First and foremost, I owe an apology to my in laws and close friends that had to find out about our situation by reading my blog. I am so sorry. I know that was a terrible way to break the news. If feelings were hurt please know that I am sorry. It was not done intentionally, much thought has gone into this process and though I might not have talked to you personally I have thought much about you all and I am grateful for the support you give us. To be honest, this thing has kind of been like the sea, changing daily, ask my family and two best girlfriends! They are about sick of my indecision. So thank you for being there for us. Know that we love you and are grateful to have you in our lives and want you to continue to be in our lives, even if they are seperate. After all, we share the greatest thing in this world...Malakai!

My mom has grass. Well in about 6 weeks she will. Right now she has mulch and green slimy stuff. We (I use the term loosely, mainly she) have been working very hard these last couple of weeks to get her yard free of weeds and clumps and leveled (See Kai's 7th Heaven Post) so that the hydroseeding can be done. Well, it finally got done yesterday. I have spent a lot of time over there and to be honest blogging "Shoveled dirt again" for 3 days just seemed like a waste of good blogging space.

I went to the dermatologist! This was probably the most exciting thing that happened. About 4 years ago while we were living in 29 Palms I noticed this small bump on the tip of my nose. I thought that it was a zit but after several attempts to pop it and making it look much worse, I gave up and just let it be. Well, last year I asked my doctor about it and she gave me Valtrex thinking it was a wart (OK yes, insert all your she really is a witch jokes here) but it didn't work. So this year, knowing that I was going to lose the best insurance in the world and would have to start paying co pays I asked for a referral to a dermatologist. She sent me to see Dr. Eyre here in Spanish Fork. He is a great doctor, way nice. He said I had some sort of papiloma or adenoma...or uh...just a noma, I don't know! Sorry, the nurse in me is terribly ashamed! Anyways, he said that it is a relatively painless process to remove it he just "has to numb it first, which doesn't hurt," he says, "unless it is on the tip of your nose where all the nerves are." "What a coincidence!" I said rather sarcastically. But, the shot was not bad, kind of like popping a zit that isn't ready, that pinching sensation and about 2 minutes later he shaved off the bump. Now, I am left with a small crater that he assures me "will probably not scar." He also looked at the side of my nose, where I really did have a stress induced break out, and has decided not to heal for like 3 weeks. He said that it looked like maybe an infection (MRSA, but I will not own it! and he didn't culture it so nobody break out the isolation gowns quite yet!) and he gave me some cream to try. If it doesn't heal in 2 weeks I will go back and he will culture it. Honestly, this is day 2 on the cream and I think it already looks better. I wish that it would be that easy to get rid of the "bump" in the bridge of my nose. Oh well, maybe someday I will have a post about my trip to the plastic surgeon!!!

This has been my week. I work tonight and then we are off to ride motorcycles on Saturday and heading to Phoenix on Monday. So, stay posted. I promise more exciting things to come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you didn't tell be about your "nose noma"!! LOL -- j/k. All I can say is "Yeah for dermatologists!" -- oh, and hydroseed too. We like green stuff.

Love you....

Denae said...

Let me just add that we do like green stuff.. but not coming out of the nose... ok bad joke.

I think I am in a bloggers rut right now. So I am glad that I am not the only one.