Friday, September 12, 2008

A Whirlwind of Fun!

This week has seemed like such a whirlwind, a fun wonderful whirlwind full of laughter and potty training and family and precious sweet moments with my Kai! I think it must be something in the air because as I read my friend's blogs I see that they are feeling the same wonderful feelings that autumn brings. Monday was a busy fun day. I got to go to the doctor for a yearly check up and since I couldn't find a sitter (thank you Charlie for being in Montana!) I got to take Kai Kai along...see starting out fun already! It really wasn't that bad. My doctor is so great and she has an awesome staff so they watched him out in the hall for the, uh more personal parts of the check up. After the doctor we went to Big O Tires and had them rotate my tires and check for the small wrench that Malakai dropped in the wheel the night before...it was there when we backed out, I could hear it clanking! They didn't find it though. They think it must have fallen out when we were driving. While they were working on the van Kai and I walked down to Carl's Jr. It was fun...he had the whole playland to himself and I could hear him wherever he went. Then we drove back over to the doctors office to watch the big trucks and diggers at the construction site across the street. Kai just can't get enough of those things! I had staff meeting that afternoon so I couldn't let Kai go to sleep yet so we went for a long walk, or I should say a short walk that lasted a long time! Those of you who have 2 year olds know how this happens.
This week I have been trying to slow down. I think potty training has done it. I am realizing how quickly Kai is growing up. I have been trying to not sweat the small stuff and just enjoy my kid! He is such a great little boy. Tuesday and Wednesday we got to watch Brynlee while Aunt Lisa was a work.

She is such a sweet little girl and she is so easy to love. She absolutely adores her cousin Malakai and I think that he reciprocates many of those feelings. It was so fun to watch the two of them play together.

Malakai wanted me to get in his big truck so he could push me. I told him that I was too big, but that he should try Titus (our cat). Sadly, Titus would not cooperate, but he did find someone who was more than happy to oblige him.

Don't worry! He was surprisingly gentle and pushed her only at a moderately fast speed slowing down significantly before they crashed into the walls! Brynlee was laughing the whole time! Ahh, so much like her dad (Hey, mom! I made my own zip line watch me jump off the roof!!!).

Brynlee even got a chance to play in Kai's bouncy house.

That night we went to the mall to window shop. Kai is not so big on that but he did love the penny machine! Best 18 cents I ever spent!

OK so I caved and acutally spent $1.68! I did let Kai ride the vroom vroom ride twice and the rocket ship once. He had been a good boy and stayed in his stroller (for the most part).

Just call him Luke Kaiwalker! He even makes the sound effects.

And finally on Wednesday we went grocery shopping. My mom helped chaparone. Between the two kids and the car cart that feels like you are pushing a life sized bus I was glad for the help and company.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about them growing up too fast. With the changing seasons, it seems we all feel the need to love our children a little more and relish in the time that we have now....

Kai is so dang cute...what a lucky boy he is to have you for a mom!!