Friday, September 5, 2008

Yay Kai Kai!!!

This is a familiar refrain around my house today! Yes, Malakai has decided that he wants to do "potty tainin'" again! Hey what do I have to lose right? Apparently, a lot of time in the bathroom is what! Oh well, it has given me a great excuse to do absolutely nothing today. The day didn't start out as a potty training day but he woke up dry and he has been toying with the idea of being potty trained for the last couple of days. So I decided I would just do it! We have been setting the timer for every 30 min. and he has been pretty good about going. Denae should be laughing at this point because when I say pretty good I mean that I have tried every trick in my book to get him to go pee in the potty. We have had Titus watch him, Simone has watched him, Mommy has watched him, Mommy has gone first and then Kai Kai, Mommy has read books to Kai and in those books Tarzan has watched him, a crocodile has watched him, Mickey Mouse has watched him, I have bribed him with candy and suckers, and when he goes he gets LOTS of praise, hence the YAY Kai Kai (Yeah, hence!) but something must be working because he has had only had 1 accident and that was 1 min before our timer was set to go off! Everytime that Denae has called or talked to me Kai has been naked and the times that he wasn't naked he was only wearing underwear. Have I mentioned that I am glad we don't have a lot of unexpected neighbors dropping by?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Kai Go!! Good for him (and you)! Harrison is SO close to being ready. Though now when I ask him if he wants to go pee in the toilet...he says "no, diaper."

Hmm. Think I've been putting this off too long???