Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Real Labor Day!

My grandparents have lived in the same house for 50 years. It is a beautiful home full of memories and laughter, but like most things after 50 years it needed a facelift! So, the family came together this weekend and worked miracles. I wish that I had taken a before shot, but I didn't. But, when it is all done I will take an after picture. We put up new soffit and fascia, trim around windows and doors, and painted doors. My uncle Travis is having a new front door installed and shutters will be added to the windows.
Aunts, Uncles, cousins, grandkids, great grandson, we all pitched in.
I think some people wished little ones wouldn't have helped so much. There is just no accounting for taste so Kai and I spent a lot of time at the park! This truly was a labor of love and I think Grandma and Grandpa will over look the small blunders and dings and smile when they think about the eager volunteers!
It was quite the affair, but then my Grandma and Grandpa are so worth it! And in reality Grandma paid us back...we left with half her refrigerator and a good portion of the garden!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awe! So THIS is what you were doing all weekend....(while I was working). I'm sure your grandparents appreciate all labors of love...even from the little ones! Glad to have you back though...we nearly didn't make it!!