Monday, August 11, 2008

The Hair Cut!

So the dry spell finally ended. After 3 weeks of being on call I finally worked Saturday night. It was a really busy shift and I came home Sunday morning pretty tired. Kai and Charlie were in bed so I just snuggled in next to them. Charlie is pretty good about watching Kai until 1 or so as long as they are out of the house and Malakai can't get to mommy. So I fully expected them to be gone when I woke up. I was wrong...instead I woke up to this. "Momma look what Kai Kai do!" Now, it was like 10 am and I was barely able to open one eye to see what Kai Kai do...but oh man how I wish I had taken a picture. There in front of me is my sweet little boy with his puff ball hair...except for a large portion missing in the front! Yes, my son found the clippers! Well, nothing I could do...daddy will take care of it. So I turned over and went to sleep...I think I was hoping it was a dream. But then when I awoke later I found this:

Yep, Dad took care of it. He buzzed his whole head. In Charlie's defense though, there wasn't a whole lot he could do. Look closely. See that little white patch? That is skin. My son shaved his head right down to the skin. Charlie said he was going to shave his whole head down to the skin but didn't want Kai Kai to look like a "little skin head." I agree. Having your two year old look like a white supremacist Nazi is probably not a good idea.

So this is the conversation I had with Kai about it: (sorry it is side ways...I was taking pictures when he started telling me about it so I just switched to record. See Maureen I need the camcorder!)

Notice that in this video Malakai takes full responsibility for his actions. When asked if dad buzzed his head Kai responds "No Kai Kai did it."

Funny how quickly his story changed:



I love that in this version Dad did it! Oh well. I guess it is a good thing hair grows back. But, just for the record (Trent!), I have it on tape that Kai Kai did it! For once Mom had nothing to do with this buzz cut!!!

3 comments:

Denae said...

Its so sad. but it is growing on me and the good thing is it seems like kid hair grows fast.

Stephanie Greenwood said...

LOL I love the haircut- that's how we keep Taylor's... except he gets really mad at me when I cut it and tells me "mommy, no, no!" It's hilarious! Just thank your lucky stars that he's a boy and looks good with a buzz... girls on the other hand look rather funny when they do this, trust me, I know from experience!

Anonymous said...

I think he looks cute! Every kid has to expiriment with clippers at least once (unless you are Mariah, then it is scissors and multiple attempts).

Oh well...it is perfect for summer. Harrison needs a haircut SO badly. Perhaps this weekend....

Oh, and I WILL get the video camera to you next week. PROMISE! (lol -- now I HAVE to do it!)