Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Picnic in the Canyon

On Saturday the 26th we all headed up to South Fork Park in Provo Canyon to try to escape the heat. Chrystina found us this awesome little picnic space that was in the shade and right by the river. The river was so kid friendly too. The place she picked out was shallow (only about 18 inches at the deepest) and had pallets going across for the kids to play on.

Jeremy brought squirt guns and the kids had a fabulous time getting completely soaked. The hardest part was convincing Malakai not to drink the water...I so did not need a case of giardia on my hands.

I am not sure how many times I said, "We don't shoot Mommy!" I don't think he was listening. Of course, Uncle Wyatt was not helping matters.

I think the only ones that made it out dry were the twins and Brynlee. They spent time hanging out on the blanket or in the stroller.












The twins found out that daddy made one AWESOME pack mule!



The backpack also worked great to put them to sleep.

After the water fight everyone was ready for a cookie break. Amazing how cookies can bring even the most hardened squirt gun fighters together.

And then it was nap time! Blankey? Check! Binky? Check! Hammock?! Now when did that become a camping necesity? I don't know...but it is one now!!!

The only bad things that happened that day were the little red bugs that were EVERYWHERE...I even found one in my van 3 days later. And as Trevor found out, there are no bathrooms in the wilderness...well I guess trees count. How nice to be a boy!!!

The END...or should I say ends?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it! The ends....haha! What a fun little camping area!

I laughed at the giardia comment...all I can say is "been there, done that....and it sucked!" I pray my kids never had to go through that. The cramps make labor look like a picnic! (no pun intended)