Thursday, August 14, 2008

Three Monkeys at Kangaroo Zoo!

Ok so I know I have said it before, but here it goes again: WE MISS CHRYSTINA AND THE KIDS!!! (I would add Jeremy but really he wasn't around that much anyways!) They kept life exciting for us. We were always going and exploring and playing and having a great time and then they left and all Malakai had was me! That was a pretty poor substitute. Good thing we found "nae and the girls!" and Maureen and her kids! It is so much funner to do kid things when you have another adult to talk to. So after swimming on Friday with all of our new friends Kai was excited to play again and made me call Denae and ask if we could play some more. Lucky for us she said yes and Kai was able to go play at one of his favorite places...Kangaroo Zoo! Kangaroo Zoo is this place in Pleasant Grove that has a ton of inflatable toys and slides to play on. We used to go there all the time with Chrys and the kids but I hadn't taken him back since they left. Bailey got right into the swing of things...I think that girl has some serious monkey in her!

She and Kai Kai loved going up and down the big slide! I am so GLAD that Malakai has finally mastered climbing up to the slide...my arms used to be so dead by the end of the day because he would make me carry him all the way up!

Laira had a hard time at first. She just wasn't quite sure this was for her, but it didn't take long for her to loosen up and start having a good time too.

Sometimes though, no matter how much fun you are having you just need a rest.

Even if it is in the middle of traffic!

This was Kai's favorite thing to do the whole day!



After Kangaroo Zoo I had to go to staff meeting. I just love staff meetings...they always make me feel so incompetent! Then I had to go to the mall and look for some new crocs for Kai. Dad left his old ones at the park on Sunday. Denae needed to find new shoes for the girls for school so they came with. Kai did pretty well in his stroller...God bless the person that thought of putting steering wheels in carts, strollers etc.

But curse the person that thought blue ice cream would be a good idea!

So this was all done on Monday, Tuesday I worked (that makes two shifts...I think we might be back to work!) and Wednesday was spent sleeping and running around (there was some crying in there too but that is for another day). Then today we went swimming again. This time Maureen and her kids weren't able to come..we missed them, but still had fun. Maybe next time Maureen? I am waiting for the day that Denae gets tired of me calling and asking if she wants to play...until then we are planning camping next week. Anyone else want to come?!

2 comments:

Denae said...

Thank you so much for inviting us to play with you. We all love it so much.

I still laugh when I think about Kai doing all the summersaults and Laira being a chicken.

and I think I need some more icecream.

Anonymous said...

My kids would LOVE this place! I am so sad that we couldn't come and play for the last few days. (that is what i get for working full time....lol) I'm afraid camping would put me over the edge but I would consider swimming or Kangaroo zoo sometime soon. Labor day maybe?