Monday, August 11, 2008

Swimming with Friends!

It is a well known fact that Malakai is a fish! He loves to swim...his mom not so much but that is because of the swimsuit issue. Anyways, on Friday I got over my issue and we went swimming with Denae and the girls and Maureen and her kids. We had a great time! I was worried because we had been having less than optimal swimming weather before hand, but the sun came out just for us.

Malakai loves to play with Laira. I think it is because she is the same age as his precious Sabina. He misses his cousin so much. Every time we get in the car he asks if we are going to na na's house.

And like all our great adventures...we brought Oreos. They are Malakai's favorites. Coincedently, the other kids liked them too!

The storm clouds rolled in again right as we were leaving. We had perfect timing and the kids couldn't get mad at us because they shut down the pool...mom had nothing to do with it. Blame the weather! I was talking to Charlie on the phone and when I turned around this is what I saw:

At first he was laughing, but then he looked down. They tell you never to look down! After that he started yelling, "Help me! Help me!" Oh my, if this child makes it to 3!

2 comments:

Denae said...

We had such a great time. Swimming is always fun! No matter the weather.

we will go swimming with you anytime.

Anonymous said...

The weather was awesome...except for the part where my shoulders got FRIED! Oh well, it was my own dang fault. Either way...we loved playing with you!